Opening Page Tae Kwon Do Hapkido Dojang Genealogy Our History The Training Student Page Event Gallery Contact Us
TAE KWON DO YUN MOO KWAN YEONMUGWAN
These tenets derive from the World Martial Arts Association founded by Grand Master Sang Kyu Shim
1. I understand that the Martial Art program strives for the improvement of the whole person. Therefore, it insists on the constant interaction between the spiritual and the physical. I will emulate the high ideals of all ancient cultures, such as tolerance, non-violence, respect for my peers, dedication to duty, and honor to my superiors.
2. I shall maintain a good rapport with my school. I will be loyal to the spirit of Martial Arts as well as to those who are inspired by the Martial Art spirit. Since I have chosen to become student of Martial Art, I am obliged to be loyal to its spirit.
3. I will not criticize other students . An unwritten rule of Martial Art requires that students only speak well of other students.
4. I shall be extremely cautious about making promises, but I shall keep the ones I do make.
5. I shall be punctual for class.
6. I will always act with my purpose before me. I will act with sincerity and forthrightness.
I will endeavor to overcome any shyness I might feel being in front of an
8. I will not hesitate to take necessary risks in order to develop into an ideal martial artist.
9. I shall react in a mature manner to every event, regardless of whether it is favorable, frustrating, or disastrous, as I represent the school.
10. I will endeavor to finish what I have
started, to reach my goals and set new ones.
10. I will endeavor to finish what I have started, to reach my goals and set new ones.